“Peace is always beautiful.” – Walt Whitman
Living with anxiety is never easy. Millions upon millions of people struggle with anxiety daily and are looking for ways to find relief. The experiences of our day-to-day lives can wear down our energy and leave us craving peace from chaos. It’s wonderful to know that everything we need to find peace is available to everyone, right here, right now, no matter what their circumstances. Home is our sanctuary. It’s the one place that we can snuggle in and find comfort, let go of the worries of the day, and regroup.
Stress physically affects us. When we are stressed out, our bodies are flooded with cortisol. This boosts our heart rate and makes breathing more heavy. These changes lead us to feel panic and anxiety.
Anxiety is a vicious cycle. It causes us to overthink, which can make you more anxious, which leads to more overthinking, and so on.
Are you stressed to the max and needing proven ways to reduce stress naturally? If you said yes, then you’re in luck because I’m going to be covering effective ways to reduce stress naturally and quickly at home.
- Turn on the tunes. There’s nothing like music to melt away tension. Whether you like calm meditative music, smooth jazz, classical, or jamming to some rock and roll, music shifts your focus so you can unwind. Music is powerful therapy and can help redirect the flow of energy into a more healthy and productive direction.
- Hot beverage. Sheldon had it right in Big Bang Theory when he would offer visitors a hot beverage to comfort them. Drinking a hot beverage has the ability to calm our nerves, lower our stress levels, and comfort us. So rather than grabbing that evening cocktail to unwind at the end of the day, try grabbing a cup of hot tea instead.
- Sit outside. Spending time in your yard can relieve stress and anxiety, improve your mood, and boost feelings of happiness. Putting your bare feet on the grass also helps to ground you by connecting your energy with Mother Earth. This process of Earthing has been shown by research to help restore many of the body’s natural rhythms. It’s also comforting to feel the wind and sun on your face. This is a doorway to connection with the Elements that can truly soothe the soul. It’s all about getting out of your head and into your body.
- Unplug. Most of us are so accustomed to taking our phones everywhere we go, that we rarely allow ourselves to switch off. Failing to properly unplug can lead to an over-stimulated and stressed-out mind. When you get home, put your phone down. Turn off the television. Using these devices keeps our mind engaged. Unplugging is a powerful tool to help clear your mind and create new space in your life for the things that really matter.
- Hot bath or shower. Long steeps in the tub can elevate your mood, relax your muscles and sooth your mind. Plus, a luxurious, long bath has medical benefits too. It relieves muscle pain and can help you sleep better. In addition, it actually stimulates blood circulation and calms the nervous system. Baths give the most wonderful feeling of calm and comfort. Adding relaxing bath products like lavender oil or epsom bath salt also help to detoxify the body and ground your energy.
I hope you will find these ideas to be simple, effective strategies that work quickly to naturally reduce stress at home, get you back on track and get back to yourself. Peace is just one step away.